April 23, 2010
Now 5 months pregnant, how things have changed!
It's been a while since my last entry, because I didn't want to bore you with the throws of morning sickness. Some pregnant women dodge this unfortunate symptom, but I haven't been so lucky!
Has my life changed? Have I managed to leave the house since my last entry? YES!!
My non-existant stomach, has now swelled into a portly pot-belly. On Tuesday I have my twenty-week scan, in which I'll, fingers-crossed, learn my baby's sex.
I was crossing everything that I would be having a girl, all though over the past month, I've come to the conclusion I could't care less. Girl or boy, I'm having a baby; a beautiful little person with ten tiny fingers and toes.
I've never considered myself maternal, until now, though this is probably the most exciting thing that's ever happened to me.
My breasts have grown enormous, and my nipples now look like raspberry's! Which hopefully will make them appetising enough for my baby to latch on with no problems!
I haven't felt any movements yet, because my stomach muscles are so strong, it's hard for the baby to kick/punch through them, enough for me to notice. All though I've listened to the heart-beat, and all is well.
For those of you who haven't had babies, or haven't got a maternal bone in your body, believe me I've been there. This is ALL new to me.
Pregnancy tires you out!! I only have to walk up the stairs and I'm puffing and panting, it's like a trek up a mountain! Every night I'm woken up by the urge to pee, at least four times, which my partner loves, as he works early starts.
It takes me a good hour to fall asleep, because with pregnancy comes heartburn. I also can't lay on my front (my favourite position), because my stomach's now too big. Definitely my biggest peev!
But alas, having a baby grow inside you is the most wonderful, strangest, surreal feeling you will ever feel; worth every last minute of back-ache, and heartburn.
Apparently my baby is now the size of a six inch subway sandwhich, head to the rump.
Sex is not a problem, at this point, if anything my partner finds my curves, and maternal attitude, a huge turn on.
So I really can't complain!
I get out as much as possible, mostly walks, and day-trips, or to the pub for a meal here and there. Tomorrow we're off to the coast to play the amusements!
I have day's where I'm happiest indoors, and venturing out seems impossible. Or atleast hard-work.
Though on the whole I've come a long way. It's really not as bad as I thought it would be.
It IS possible to overcome your fears, I'm living proof!!
x Jess
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I do like this kind of article. Thanks very much.
ReplyDelete